Best Bottle for Breastfed Baby Who Refuses Bottle: There are times when you want to feed your baby using a bottle but they won’t accept the baby bottle.
I have also heard many parents saying my baby won’t take a bottle. The good news is there are ways you can make your breastfed baby take a bottle. You can also use the best bottles for breastfed babies.
If you are a first-time mother, you may be stressed and overwhelmed when you see your breastfed baby won’t take a bottle.
Before we jump into the best bottles for breastfed babies, it is good to understand why your baby is refusing a bottle.
My Baby Won’t Take a Bottle? Understand why the baby is refusing to use a bottle.
- Reasons Why Baby is Refusing Bottle
- How to Get Your Baby to Take a Bottle
- Best Bottle for Breastfed Baby Who Refuses Bottle in 2020
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Newborn Baby Bottle Starter Set – Best Bottle for Baby Refusing Bottle
- Philips Avent Anti-colic Baby Bottles
- Dr. Brown’s Original Wide-Neck Bottle – Best Baby Bottle
- Medela Breast Milk Storage Bottles – Best Bottles for Newborn Babies
- Mimijumi – Breastfeeding Baby Bottle – Best Bottle to Mimic Breastfeeding
- Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle
Reasons Why Baby is Refusing Bottle
There are a number of reasons that might cause the breastfeeding baby to refuse bottle. Some of the reasons are:-
- The baby does not like the artificial nipple
- Don’t understand why they need the bottle while they are used to you
- Might have had a negative experience when using the bottle
- The teat might be blocked
- The milk might not be of the right temperature
- The baby is not hungry
- The baby is teething
- A different taste of the milk
If you know the reasons why your baby is refusing the baby bottle, then it becomes easier to fix the problem.
How to Get Your Baby to Take a Bottle
If you are asking, how I can get my baby to take a bottle, below are some tips you can use.
Want to move into Baby Bottles, start early by introducing your baby on a bottle with breast milk before moving into baby formula.
Let someone else feed the baby
Your baby is used to breastfeeding from you, when they see you they feel like breastfeeding. They want to have their milk. Let someone else take the baby bottle and feed them.
Be patient with the baby, it might take some time before the baby gets used to the baby bottle. Smile and relax, make the child feel at ease. When the child is comfortable you can try putting the baby bottle teat into the mouth.
Use the best baby bottle
Try to use the best bottles for breastfed babies. Having a bottle that best mimics your breast will make your baby accept using the bottle.
Try different positions to see which is best for your child. There are positions that the baby will take the bottle.
Different temperatures of milk or teat
Babies like their milk at a certain temperature level or the bottle teat at warm or cold temperatures. Try different temperatures to see if it helps the baby to take a bottle.
Disguise the bottle
You can try to disguise the baby bottle to see if the child will take baby bottle. You can try to wrap it with the mother’s cloth so that the baby can still think its breastfeeding.
Best Bottle for Breastfed Baby Who Refuses Bottle in 2020
When you start looking for the Best Bottles for Breastfeeding baby you will find dozens of bottle options available on the market.
All of them might work but there are those that work best than others when the baby is refusing a bottle.
Which are the Best Baby Bottles for breastfed babies?
Let’s find out.
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Newborn Baby Bottle Starter Set – Best Bottle for Baby Refusing Bottle
Tommee Tipee is one of the best baby bottles for newborns. It is a perfect Newborn Starter Set for any new parent. It is known to be the best bottle for baby refusing bottle.
This baby bottle features an easy-latch nipple shape that is designed to mimic the stretch and flex of mom’s breast. The ultra-sensitive Anti-Colic valve offers less air intake and minimal discomfort to the baby.
This baby bottle also comes with a convenient baby bottle cleaning brush, which saves you a lot of time when washing, therefore more time with your baby.
More about the baby feeding bottle
- Breast-like shape for a natural latch
- The bottle is well designed to be used in a microwave, dishwasher, and steam sterilization.
- It features a wide neck that makes it so easy to clean.
- It flexes like mom and feels like a mom to provide a comfortable feed
- Ideal for breastfed babies
Philips Avent Anti-colic Baby Bottles
The Philips Avent Anti-colic baby bottle with Anti-colic baby bottle Slow Flow Nipple helps to promote the health and comfort of your baby.
It is a BPA free bottle that has proven to reduce colic and fussiness, particularly at night.
It features a unique valve that is integrated into the nipple flexes to allow air into the bottle, therefore preventing vacuum build up and stopping air into your baby’s tummy.
The well-designed valve on the Anti-colic baby bottle nipples flexes to your baby’s feeding rhythm allowing only milk to flow at the baby’s pace to reduce overeating and spit-up as well as burping and gas.
If your breastfed baby suddenly refusing bottle, you should try this bottle.
More about the baby bottle
- The soft silicone nipple is presented in different flow rates for babies of all ages.
- Easy to clean baby bottle
- Designed for infants
- It is clinically proven to reduce colic and discomfort
- Designed to reduce gas and fussiness
- Easy to hold
- The Nipple design helps prevent nipple collapse for uninterrupted feeding
Dr. Brown’s Original Wide-Neck Bottle – Best Baby Bottle
Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow Wide-Neck Baby Bottles is one of the best baby bottle brands that is well designed to provide a wonderful feeding experience to your baby.
Dr. Brown’s bottle makes use of the patented 2-piece internal vent system that makes it comfortable for your baby to feed. The system creates positive-pressure flow for vacuum-free feeding similar to that one of breastfeeding. This makes it possible for the formula breast milk flows freely without nipple collapse.
When the baby feeds, the air is channeled from the nipple collar via the vent system to the back of the bottle. The air never mixes with the breast milk or formula, therefore, preventing oxidation and retaining important vitamins that are essential to the baby. The vent system also eliminates the air bubbles in the formula or milk, this helps to reduce feeding problems such as colic, burping, spit-up, and gas.
It comes with 1 Level-One silicone nipple, One two-piece patented internal vent system, and one cleaning brush
More Dr. Brown’s Bottles
- It is BPA free, PVC, lead and phthalate-free
- Features a patented internal vent system
- The positive pressure design enables the babies to feed comfortably because the vent system eliminates the air bubbles and vacuum.
- All the parts are dishwasher safe
- Ergonomic design that makes it easy to fill and hold as well as getting your baby to take a bottle
- The silicone nipple features a broader base that most breastfeeding moms prefer.
- Made in the US
- Helps to reduce feeding problems
- It has proven to preserve bottle milk nutrients
- It is a fully-vented bottle design
Medela Breast Milk Storage Bottles – Best Bottles for Newborn Babies
If your baby bottle-fed baby won’t take bottle you should try Medela Breast Milk Bottle. Medela Breast Milk Bottle Set comes with everything you need as a breastfeeding mother. It features everything you need to collect, store and feed breast milk.
This best bottle for newborn babies is made without BPA and safe plastic that is able to retain breast milk’s beneficial properties.
The bottle is compatible with all Medela breast pumps that enable you to pump, store and feed just with one container.
Its safe design of the bottle will enable you to store the breast milk long-term without losing any of the milk’s natural beneficial properties.
It also features travel caps that help to keep the nipple clean while you are on the move.
More about the Medela Breast Milk Storage Bottles
- Compatible with all Medela breast pumps
- It is available in 5 oz or 8 oz sizes
- Easy-to-use Medela bottles
- They are conveniently dishwasher and microwave safe
- Ideal bottle for a busy mom
- Safe plastic designed for long-term storage and to retain breast milk’s beneficial properties.
- It is a dishwasher safe baby bottle
- Made without BPA
- Easy to read volume marks
Mimijumi – Breastfeeding Baby Bottle – Best Bottle to Mimic Breastfeeding
Mimijumi is one of the best breastfeeding baby bottles available on the market. It is designed to be ideal for all babies.
This baby is designed to allow the baby to control the flow of the milk. The bottle features an AntiColic venting system that allows the baby to control the flow of milk, reduce air intake and decrease colic and gas.
The innovative nipple design mimics the mother’s breasts, therefore, creating a natural feeding and latching experience for a happier and healthier bottle-fed baby.
More about Mimijumi baby bottle
- Provides the perfect complement to breastfeeding
- Offers the best transition to bottle-feeding
- Best Bottle to Mimic Breastfeeding
- Eye-catching appearance
- Produced with the highest quality standards to protect your baby
- The bottle is BPA and latex-free
- Easy to clean
- Top rack dishwasher-safe
- Perfect for newborns and babies up to 24 months
- Made in Austria and assembled in the US
- Easy to sterilize on the stovetop
- Baby Controls Flow
- Features an Integrated Venting System To Prevent Colic
Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle
Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle changes the world of baby bottles which have remained constant for ages. Comotomo Baby Bottles features an innovative and sensible design that mimics natural breastfeeding.
The naturally shaped, soft and silicone nipples are best for babies who have trouble transitioning from nursing to bottle-feeding.
The baby will love holding the skin-like and soft squeezable body of the bottle.
The neck is designed to be wide to give you a brushless, and stress-free cleaning.
This bottle is also equipped with an innovative vent that is well designed to prevent colic and at the same time eliminating any annoying leaks.
More about bottle-fed baby refusing bottle
- Most thoughtful bottles to be made
- Designed for newborns up to 3 months
- Easy Feedings
- Ideal for breastfed babies
- Easy to Clean
- Innovative and non-leaking anti-colic vents
- It is designed to be safe in boiling water, microwave, dishwashers and sterilizers.
- It mimics breastfeeding to reduce bottle rejection